Sunday, May 14, 2017

Week 2 Refection

This week I learned some things and continued to strengthen my knowledge about other things. For every game day we continued to post athletic schedules and livestream links, as well as results. We also did a lot of work helping with the 5k. We got a few sign ups and finished making the race bags for Kelly. We also started looking into the logistics of the alumni game day. I posted my piece on the musical and was pleasantly surprised to see that it got a lot of views. We continued working on our magazine article and finding pictures of the seniors that we interviewed. A job that wasn't too fun was cataloging the seats in the meeting house. You can donate and put your name on a seat and we had to write down all of the names on the seats so development can see what seats are left. It was a really productive week.

This week was really good. Scott was really busy with meetings and conferences this week, so a lot of our work was done independently. I really like how Scott trusts us to get our work done and he gives us a lot of freedom. 

It was really cool publishing my article. It was my first article on the school website and it was exciting. I feel like we are very proficient with posting athletics on social media since we have been doing it for two weeks now. 

I never realized that there were name plates on the seats in the meeting house and I would have never thought it would take us two days to write them all down. I was surprised that they didn't document that when they put one in.

I will benefit from this week’s activities because I have continued to gain experience in the field of communications and marketing. By putting out an article and marketing the play and the 5k I feel like I have been doing exactly what I wanted to be doing when I signed up for my project.


I completed my written goals and continue to fulfill my athletic and marketing goals. As for my alumni goals, I have reached out to a number of alumni and have been talking to seniors. We are also getting ready for the games, but I can't complete those goals until the days of. This week was another great week and I look forward to the last full week of senior project! 

No comments:

Post a Comment