Sunday, May 21, 2017

Day 16 (5-21-17) / Week 3 Reflection

Today started at 10:00 after the 5k at the fields. We had to make sure everything at the alumni games ran smoothly. We put out water and rode around in a golf cart with bug spray, snacks, and stickers and sunglasses. It was fun seeing alumni and watching the games although we were mad we couldn't drive the cart. I had to leave at 2:00 to strike the set from the musical. It is so sad that all of that work just goes away so fast.


This week we did a number of things. It was a very busy and exciting week of athletics so we did a lot of social media work. There were games almost every day, so we were busy finding schedules and livestream links. We also put a few articles and blogs out on the website. We also did a lot of work to finalize alumni game logistics like finding uniforms and scoreboards and running the cart. We also talked with Kieth Barrett about development and what goes on on the other side of the office. I really learned a lot this week and it was a fun last full week.

This week was really good. In the communications office they are having a really good problem to have. It is that they are fully caught up and they don't have a whole lot to work on so Scott would give us projects as they came up.

It was really cool publishing another article. It was our second article on the school website and it was exciting. I feel like we are very proficient with posting athletics on social media since we have been doing it for three weeks now.

Everything this week went smoothly and there wasn't anything that went wrong. The only thing that didn't go right was that all of our teams didn't win Lakes Region championships. We did get one though!!

I will benefit from this week’s activities because I have continued to gain experience in the field of communications and marketing. By putting out articles highlighting Lakes Region Tournaments and a team spotlight I feel like I have been doing exactly what I wanted to be doing when I signed up for my project.

I completed my written goals and continue to fulfill my athletic and marketing goals. As for my alumni goals, I have reached out to a number of alumni and have been talking to seniors. I completed my alumni goals today. I achieved everything and more than I was hoping to get out of Senior Project.

Hours Today: 4
Total Hours: 50

No comments:

Post a Comment